In order to have a safe and enjoyable hunt below is some Basic Hunting Information you will need to know.
- Hunter Safety: Wyoming – Anyone born after January 1, 1966, and must carry proof in the field. Idaho – Anyone born after January 1, 1975, must have to purchase a license. If you are in need of this course please contact your local Game and Fish office (or equivalent) for available classes and locations.
- Safety Orange: Big Game hunters in Wyoming must wear, in a visible manner, one or more exterior garments of hunter orange, from the waist up.
- Trophies and Taxidermists: Table Mountain Outfitters are specialists in the handling of trophies. All of our heads are properly caped and frozen to ensure they arrive at the taxidermist in excellent condition. We can deliver your trophy to our preferred taxidermist, or prepare it for your favorite taxidermist back home. If you choose to take your trophy home with you, we urge you to make sure your taxidermist does quality work and has examples of the type of animal you are bringing to them. (especially antelope)
- Meat Care: You can be assured that your game meat will be properly handled by our experienced guides. We can deliver your meat to our local meat processing facility, quarter it for you to take back home, or you can use our stainless steel tables to cut your meat and package for transport home. (no tables offered in Idaho and New Castle)
- Preference Points in Wyoming: **Important CHANGE** you can NO longer purchase preference points in the drawings. You are now required to purchase them Jul1-Oct 31 so don’t miss out!
The Table Mountain Difference
- We personally submit your application to Wyoming Game and Fish so you’re assured that your application is entered on time and into the correct drawing. In most cases, we will have your license waiting for you in camp.
- All of Table Mountain Outfitters’ hunts are for trophies unless you book otherwise. There are no hidden trophy fees.
- We use nothing but recent photos and references from our hunts. This gives our clients an up-to-date, honest report concerning our clients’ successes and trophies taken.
- We are full-time outfitters. We work for you all year, not just a month or two.
- All hunts are booked on a 2×1 hunter to guide ratio with the exception of archery antelope and deer seasons where blinds are utilized.
“Suggested” Gear List
- Warm Quiet Jacket (Table Mountain is proud to wear NOMAD)
- Leather Boots
- Waterproof Boots
- Any Required Medicines
- Alarm Clock (your phone will work in most cases)
- Rainwear (Spring Bear)
- Thermacell (Spring Bear/Archery Antelope)
- Fanny or Day Pack (TMO is proud to wear & use ALPS Outdoorz)
- Hand Lotion
- Ammunition or Arrows
- Ink Pen
- Long Underwear
- Fluorescent Orange Hat or Vest (Wyoming Rifle Hunts)
- Wool or Flannel Shirts
- Heavy Wool Socks
- Suntan or Sunscreen Lotion
- Shaving Gear
- Hunting Knife (TMO is proud to use Havalon)
- Game Bags
- Firearm or Bow (we have Banser & Co rifles and Mission Crossbows for your use if needed)
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Archery Hunters May Also Consider:
- Face Paint
- Dark clothing for blind
- Old Heavy Socks for silent stalking
- Safety Harness
- Laser Rangefinder
|Teri & Steve Lancaster
|Todd & De McNeilage